(This page is still under construction. Thank you for your patience.)
DNA Expert AdviceWe recommend these websites:
- DNA Testing Adviser (Richard Hill)
- Your Genetic Genealogist (CeCe Moore)
- The Legal Genealogist (not DNA-specific)
- DNA Adoption
DNA Testing Sites
are three major DNA testing sites. We recommend using all three.
Chances of a match increase by registering with every available site.
Why do it?
- Because DNA evidence is irrefutable. This will put to rest any doubts there may be of your genetics.
- Because this fills the "holes" of information that sometimes occur in agency/court documents.
- Because it can lead you to extended family members who would otherwise not know you exist.
- Because testing with 23andme can give you genetic medical information.*
- Because you will discover your ethnic heritage.
- Because by connecting with others on ancestry.com you can build awesome family trees.
- Because even
if you are already successfully reunited, you may be helping others who
are still "lost." You could be the key to someone else's reunion.
* As of October 21, 2015, the 23andMe service in the US now includes reports that meet FDA standards for being scientifically and clinically valid. New customers will receive personalized genetic health reports that include carrier status, wellness, and trait reports. With these added features the new price is $199. Current customers processed since December 2013 were done on the current V4 chip and will be transitioned to the new "experience" over the next several weeks. The status of those on prior chip versions has not yet been determined.